Q: Engine trouble

He ran it out of petrol and oil?? The engine is rattling like crazy after putting a can in, also put some oil in and when trying to start it the battery blows 1st off and then just rattles doesn't seem to be turning or the usual sound when battery is low.. have tried jump and bump starting niether have worked. the lights all work but thats volt not amp hehe could it be the starter mot that was changed year and half ago or is it dead lol please help many thanks :) Jo

Hi Jo:

Unfortunately, we need more specific information about your vehicle in order to recommend a service or to guess as to what’s going on with your vehicle. If the engine is low on oil it tends to make a rattling noise as you’ve described. Also, running out of fuel can also damage the fuel pump or other fuel related components.

If you can, have a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle for oil leaks or signs of excess oil consumption. Otherwise, feel free to resubmit another question including the details of your car’s make, model, and year.

3. Engine trouble