Q: Engine signal indicating an issue with the car

I'm having trouble with the 'Check Engine Light.' It came on around 100,000 miles. When I used a code scanner, it showed the problem to be related to the torque converter. Do you think that is the problem?

A: It would depend on the code received and th...

It would depend on the code received and the test done for the code to say the torque converter is the problem. The code received is only one of the tools used in doing a complete diagnosis of a problem. There are hundreds of possible transmission codes and problems it could be. It would help me to help you better if I knew the code you got and any drive symptoms you are having before the light came on. The good news is that you can have a qualified auto technician come to your home or place of business to run a thorough diagnostic inspection of your Check Engine Light.