Q: Engine not turning over

The car had been out of service for year when my daughter drove it. The car stopped operating. It's been been in the garage for a year since then. The battery may need charging, but the car never made a noise after it stopped. The engine isn't turning over.

A: A year is a very long time to have a vehicl...

A year is a very long time to have a vehicle sitting. At least once a week the engine must be started and ran, and the vehicle driven until the systems are warmed up. The engine oil must be changed before driving as conventional oil permits 3 months or 3,000 miles of lubrication protection. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the no-start issue and suggest an appropriate repair.