Q: Engine jumps and doesn't pull right

The Check Engine light is on. Engine jumps, and there is a broken part close to the timing belt. Engine does not pull as it should.

Hello, From the description provided, it appears that your Honda Pilot is experiencing several different issues all at once. That does not sound like a fun experience! It is likely these concerns are actually all linked together, with a great example being the connection between the engine jumping and the association with a broken part near the timing belt. I know this particular engine bay fairly well, and I believe we are looking at the engine mount as the reason behind the engine jumping. A broken engine mount will allow the engine to move excessively and jump, just as you are experiencing. In regards to the lack of engine power and the check engine light being on at the same time, those two problems may also go hand in hand with each other. Unfortunately without physically inspecting your Honda Pilot, this is only an educated guess with required verification by a certified mechanic for proper diagnosis of your engine jumping issue.