Q: Engine/battery light on

asked by on February 12, 2016

The engine and battery indicator light is on.

Battery Light is on Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

If the Engine and Battery Light have come on, then you probably have two separate problems. The Battery Light may indicate that the system’s voltage may have dropped too low, which may be indicative of even more problems, such as a bad alternator. The Engine Light will typically come on when there is a problem with the vehicle’s emission system. Since this vehicle is pre-OBD-II, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look over the vehicle, to determine the right repairs for your Battery Light and Engine Light.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr