Q: Engine and Transmission mounts have collapsed. Do they have to be replaced immediately? How much for both? TBC....

The ABC light is constantly on in my 2003 SL500. One day while driving I heard a distinct release of pressure as if air were being let out of a tire. The car began to bounce terribly and now it is so low that it is undriveable and the ABC feature does not work on it. I was told there was a leak the size of a nail head in the rear line and the line would need to be replaced before they could tell if the pump was bad. How much? Also told the engine and transmission mounts had collapsed and needed to be replaced. How much? Also rear brake pads to be replaced? How much?

If the engine mounts are faulty, the drive axles will operate at the wrong angle eventually causing premature wear-out of the axles so it is important to get the mounts replaced. If you would please refer to YourMechanic’s motor mount service page you can obtain the requested price quote. Brake pads generally cannot be replaced without either resurfacing the brake rotors or replacing the rotors if they are not restorable. If you do not follow this procedure the brake pads will wear irregularly, wear out early and you may get brake pedal pulsation and vibration from rotor thickness variation. To request brake service and cost info, please use YourMechanic’s brake pad/rotor service page. With regard to your air suspension, repairing a leak is typically straightforward but, as noted, the status of the whole system, whether you need a new dryer, and so forth will have to also be determined. If you request an air suspension diagnostic the mechanic can just deal with what you have in one trip and estimate for you, on site, all the repairs that are necessary. Of course, if the simple leak repair resolves everything, there will not be a need for further estimating. If you schedule the aforeforementioned mentioned services, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Engine and Transmission mounts have collapsed. Do they have to be replaced immediately? How much for both? TBC....