Q: Emissions lamp on and won't go out.

I bought a 05 golf today 1.4 petrol and the engines emissions lamp is on permanently is this serious

3. Emissions lamp on and won't go out.

Q: Ford Edge Powertrain Warning Light

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic. The issue could be the wiring inside the transmission or the harness to the transmission. Check the harness to the transmission for any debris, corrosion, or broken / bent wires. Use a...

Q: My 2002 vw passat is trembling while parked , trembling during acceleration and at speeds under 40 mph . can u give me some advice

An engine shake can be caused by a number of reasons. A broken or disconnected vacuum hose can effect the air/fuel mixture enough to cause a "lean misfire" and make the engine shake. The VW / Audi 2.8ltr is known...

Q: What can cause intermittent cold starting fault?

This may be related to a cold start enrichment problem which is generally controlled by the coolant temperature sensor. This sensor relays the temperature of the engine coolant to the computer which then makes fuel adjustments based upon the air...