Q: Emergency brake light not working properly

asked by on November 04, 2017

E brake light will not come on when emergency brake is engaged. I see a very dim light for half a second when turning the ignition but nothing other than that.

You will need to have the skid control ECU scanned for proper input from parking brake to see if the fault is in the parking brake, ECU or instrument cluster. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can come and test the systems for you.

There is probably a problem with a micro switch attached to the Parking Brake. You should get that looked at soon because I find that no matter how good your memory is, everybody will drive off with the brake on sooner or later. Having the warning light will help prevent that. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your brake warning light and tell you what it will take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr