Q: Electrical works, but key won't turn in ignition switch

The electrical turns on in my car, but the key won't turn in the ignition switch.

The symptoms you describe lead me to believe you are having issues with the ignition itself. I spent a few years specializing with Volvos and this situation is actually not that uncommon. It is likely that both the mechanical and electrical portion of the ignition switch will need to be first be inspected and likely replaced. To be 100% certain however, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to properly diagnose your ignition issue. They will be able to determine exactly why your Volvo is experiencing these symptoms and assist you in performing the repairs necessary to get your it running again.