Q: Electrical problems with truck

The truck will not turn off. The lights stay on when I take the key out.

A: The ignition key cylinder turns a mechanism...

The ignition key cylinder turns a mechanism in the steering column normally. If this mechanism breaks, then the ignition key cylinder will not turn the ignition switch. The steering column covers will need to be removed to find the broken linkage and then a repair part could be ordered and a repair can be done. I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect your vehicle’s electrical problems and ignition.