Q: Dying out vehicle

I am experiencing my Honda Odessey 02 dying frequently. Some shops recommended changing the fuel cap. Other mechanic just reset throught a diagnostic computer. Still dying out. Any idea? Also have this maintenance check light on. Please let me know.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I recommend you have the computer scanned and the codes diagnosed. When your vehicle stalls out, the fuel pressure should be tested and the engine checked for spark. The most common cause lies in the crankshaft sensors or camshaft sensors causing loss of spark. This can be verified using a scan tool to see if both are giving proper signals.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.