Q: Does this mean my car is dead?

Mercedes C200 2003 135,000Mil

Faults Remaining: - Engine Light - 02 Sensor Low Voltage - Bank 1 Sensor 2 - Exhaust manifold is leaking, needs a gasket against engine. - P/S Oil needs to be changed. - Transmission needs service. - Parking break requires adjustment. - Suspension needs to be checked.

A: No, your car is not dead, it is due for mai...

No, your car is not dead, it is due for maintenance which is a normal and expected aspect of owning a vehicle. However, how you feel about the car and the cost it will take to take car of all these items are often more relevant to the owner. The list you provided is a bit extensive, but it is entirely normal for the vast majority of vehicles on the road with over 100,000 miles.

Most likely, you don't need to do these all at the same time. You should be able to spread them out over a few weeks if not months.

I would prioritize these repairs as follows:

• Check engine light. This will include the exhaust manifold leak. It could be the sole cause of the O2 sensor codes if is on the bank 1 set of cylinders. Either way, it should be taken care of along with the check engine light first. Exhaust leaks at the manifold will cause a variety of other problems.

• Change the oil. Depending on how dirty it is, this could be the highest priority. If it is black, change it. In comparison to other items your car needs, this is cheap.

• The transmission service should be considered with the same criteria as the engine oil. Although, it may be considerable more expensive.

• The parking brake isn't terribly needed on a car with an automatic transmission unless you park on a steep hill on a daily basis.

• The suspension is most likely alright. Mercedes being very good vehicles is unlikely to have any serious problems. Which it appears as if you don't have anything serious going on with it and a suspension inspection shouldn't take much time at all and most likely can be done along with other repairs. This is depending on how the car drives.

If you would like to have an expert conduct a comprehensive inspection of the car, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to give the car a thorough assessment of all of vehicle's potential issues and advise you on the best actions to take.