Q: Do I have to do a 4-stage fuel system cleaning every 30k miles for $350?

Shop recommends fuel system cleaning 4 part for $350 dollars. They also want $133 to diagnose a check engine light. Recommend servicing all fluids front to back every 30k miles. That legit?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Most of today’s fuels have a cleaning agent in them for the major brands. It is the not so common brands that may have a cleaner or not and should be avoided. You can also add fuel system cleaner on a regular basis every month or every 4th tank refueling. You can get these cleaners at most parts stores. Hope this helps and best of luck.

• Do I have to do a 4-stage fuel system cleaning every 30k miles for $350?