Q: Difficult startup, on warmer days and after short distances

My car wouldn't start occasionally. It mostly runs great. But, on warmer days or when I drive it for a short while, for about 45 minutes, it would have a sound like it has no fuel and it would crank but not start. I had the fuel pump relay, water pump, manifold gasket, spark plugs replaced along with the PCM, BCM and wires. The car runs great after sitting for about an hour. What could be the problem?

A: You may have an issue with your fuel pressu...

You may have an issue with your fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pressure regulator is responsible for maintaining a certain fuel pressure for the engine under all conditions. Due to the high heat that your engine is experiencing, your fuel may be vaporizing or burning too quickly. The fuel pressure regulator is supposed to be able to compensate for temperature changes that can affect fuel pressure. I would recommend having your fuel pressure tested by a certified mechanic to ensure why your car have difficulty starting up.