Q: Diagnostic code p2096 what does it mean and what steps do i take to fix

My check engine light came on shortly after fueling diagnostic code reads p2096 post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank1. What does this mean and how is it fixed.

Hey there. The code could have been caused by an exhaust leak, clogged injectors, or intake vacuum leak. If problems just happened to start after getting fuel, then you may have a purge valve leaking excessive fumes into the intake when refueling. Have the purge valve checked for leaks, fuel injectors cleaned, and engine checked for exhaust leaks. Clear codes and road test to see if the problem returns. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check Engine Light more closely and follow through with correct repairs.

3. Diagnostic code p2096 what does it mean and what steps do i take to fix