Q: dealership quoted $700 for struts on a 07 honda pilot ex-l. they called back and said they were completely shot and need a total

Dealership is quoting 1400 to "totally replace" all components of struts. Originally quoted 700, but stated that they discovered issues with associated components of the struts. Is that possible?

Hi there. It is quite possible that you have damage to strut mounts and support components within the system that is causing the increase in repairs. When an initial inspection is completed, it’s typically an estimate based on damage they can physically see or test at the time. Once you remove components however, additional damage is often found.

3. dealership quoted $700 for struts on a 07 honda pilot ex-l. they called back and said they were completely shot and need a total