Q: Dashboard lighting and speedometer problems

My dashboard lights go off and on. And the speedometer gauge goes from 50 to 0 intermittently. Today, after this happened, the car shut off.

3. Dashboard lighting and speedometer problems

Q: Q: Car overheating

You might have an air pocket in the cooling system. Air pockets are common on some vehicles and can be a headache. When the cooling system is opened and coolant drained, air from the atmosphere gets in the engine. Once...

Q: Is my ECM malfunctioning?

Unfortunately, without additional detail as to the codes showing up, there is no way to diagnose what the issues may be. The alternator may be functioning intermittently without having a dramatic impact on the charging system for example. I would...

Q: Q: Speedometer broke.

Hello, to check the operation of the speedometer, a scan tool needs to be connected to monitor the speed sensor output and see if it has any output, and if it is smooth. You will probably need the aid of...