Q: Dashboard lighting and speedometer problems

My dashboard lights go off and on. And the speedometer gauge goes from 50 to 0 intermittently. Today, after this happened, the car shut off.

It sounds like you are having a problem with your Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). This is essentially a smart fuse box that provides power to many different parts of your car. Your problem is common with many Chrysler vehicles. In fact, there was even a lawsuit against Chrysler regarding the TIPM. Of course, there are other potential causes for your concern, so I suggest that you have a certified mechanic check out your car, perhaps beginning with an inspection of your speedometer malfunction. The professionals at YourMechanic are an excellent option.