Q: Dashboard can’t light up at night, hard to see

A bulb in my dashboard has gone out. I feel like I can live with the problem, but how long and costly is the repair if I decide to fix it?

The bulbs in your dashboard play a big part in safety. Some bulbs illuminate the gauges while other bulbs light up warning indicators, which are used to inform you when something is wrong with your vehicle. An example of such an indicator is the Check Engine light. The length and cost of the repair varies for every car, but typically this type of repair will take one to two hours. The job requires the technician to remove the gauge cluster from the dashboard to gain access to the faulty bulb.