Q: Cylinder 1 and 2 misfiring. Car has problems Turing over and when idleing it would idle low.

Car has a rough idle and when I went to give it gas it didn't sound to goo. Took it to my friends and he said cylinder 1 and 2 are misfiring. He told me that it's basically done but I feel like it could be something as simple as the spark plugs.

Measure cylinder compression in all cylinders. If cylinder compression is within specs, and the variance between cylinders is not excessive, then all you have to do is fix the engine control issue that is causing the misfiring, whether it is fuel, ignition, or air induction related, and you’ll be good to go. To get compression checked and have the misfiring diagnosed (if compression turns out t be OK), simply request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If compression turns out to be too far out of spec, the engine will need work but even that is no big deal. Engines are repaired and replaced everyday. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Cylinder 1 and 2 misfiring. Car has problems Turing over and when idleing it would idle low.