Q: Crankshaft positional sensor and transmission speed sensor code is on with check engine. Can they be related? Can the transmissio

My RPM's are about a quarter higher than normal. When I hit about 60 and accelerate my car jumps/misfires and doesn't want to shift. At lower speeds it does fine. And, If I ease into 75mph it doesn't jump or misfire but switches gears smoothly but still rides a tad higher on the RPM gauge than normal. Also, it comes and goes. This happened a few days ago and I took it to a mechanic and it stopped, ran smooth all of the time and the check engine light went off.

Hello. The crankshaft position sensor and the transmission speed sensor are closely related. They both measure the vehicle’s speed and keeps the rest of the vehicle working within the parameters it needs to. Without proper inputs to the PCM from these speed sensors, the computer has issues regulating engine functions and shifting the transmission. With that being said, knowing what was done by the previous mechanic will help us determine what else we need to look at, and what kind of repair they did that we need to verify is holding up. Chances are, if they replaced or cleaned one of the sensors, we need to make sure it is working, and then turn our attention to the other sensor. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• Crankshaft positional sensor and transmission speed sensor code is on with check engine. Can they be related? Can the transmissio