Q: Cracked Radiator

Just wondering, my car got backed into in a parking lot. Had a towball go through my front bumper and crack my radiator. Car then got towed to repair shop that is quoting me $1800 to fix it or my insurance is gonna charge me an excess of $1100 to fix it but the only problem is a cracked bumper and radiator which i can fix myself as I already have the parts. Now what I wanted to know was, is it okay to drive a car with a cracked radiator a couple of miles so I don't have to pay $400 to get it towed to my house.

If your radiator has leaked out all the coolant from the trailer ball then you not only have a bad radiator but a bad a/c condenser since the condenser for the a/c is in front of the radiator. It would not be advisable to drive the vehicle with no coolant in the engine or even run the engine for more than a minute or engine overheat damage will occur. You could have a tow truck tow your vehicle a few mile to your house and have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and replace radiator and replace a/c condenser. Before anything is replaced i would recommend a thorough inspection of all the damages since the trailer ball may have damaged more than what can be seen. Have a second complete quote of all damages and then repair as needed.

3. Cracked Radiator