Q: Cold engine problems.

When the engine is cold and I turn it on it starts up then chugs and then sounds like its going to die and runs low rpms and if I try to drive it studders unless I give it a lot of gas but if I start it when it's warm no problems. Check engine light is not on comes on every now and then but always turns off in 2-3 days what could it be?

A: This may be related to the idle air control...

This may be related to the idle air control module/valve, which is a component that monitors the amount of of air intake at idle as it is mixed with the fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is faulty, it will cause an imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which can cause it to run poorly as you have described. These symptoms are usually accompanied by a Check Engine Light. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the loss of power to pinpoint what fixes will help get the car running at its best again.