Q: CO2 sensor wiring damaged

The C02 sensor wiring, including all wires down to the clip, are severely damaged and melted entirely through. They evidently at some point fell against the exhaust and became extremely hot and melted.

Hello. In a situation such as the one you describe, the entire CO2 sensor would need to be replaced. The CO2 sensor usually comes with new wiring. In addition, the new sensor should be properly hung so that it doesn’t hit against the exhaust again. The connector coming from the car harness should be checked for damage as well because if that is damaged you may have to replace some of the car harness that has that connector in it. This could become a big job, an experienced certified technician would be able to complete this repair.

3. CO2 sensor wiring damaged