Q: Clutch disengages halfway.

So I just got a new clutch put in last week. Since then I put about 300-400 miles on it. Highway and city. When I first got my car back I'd had my foot all the way down on the clutch and almost as soon as I start letting go it would start to grab. Now when I push all the way down it starts to grab around halfway and closer to the top. Is it bad already???????

The release and engagement points should be comparable to what you had with the "original" clutch. If not, the replacement clutch is not well adjusted or the adjustment has changed since you got it back. Inasmuch as the work was just done, you likely have a warranty and you should first attempt to resolve the issue with the installer. If you desire to get a second opinion, though, please use YourMechanic’s manual transmission clutch system inspection page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help

3. Clutch disengages halfway.