Q: clicking noise

when accelerating i hear a repetitive clicking noise, i just bought this truck from a private owner i think its the u joint but im not sure.

Hi there. When does the clicking occur? Only when accelerating? Or all the time? Only when moving? If the U-joins are making noise, it is generally a squeak type noise, but clicking can occur in severely worn ones. However, it would make noise any time the truck is moving. Does the noise sound like it could be coming from the front? If so, then there could be an exhaust manifold leak. An exhaust manifold leak sounds like a ticking and is most noticeable during acceleration. It could be a crack or a gasket in, on, or around the manifold. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a ticking noise while accelerating inspection.

3. clicking noise