Q: Check engine light, the acceleration is pretty rough (lots of vibration), changed the gas cap who wouldn't click 3 weeks ago. 2011 Hyundai Accent

The check engine light is on and when I accelerate it is pretty rough (lots of vibration). I changed the gas cap who wouldn't clip 3 weeks ago and it worked well until today. Since, I bought it a month ago the car was jerking a bit sometimes in the acceleration and I didn't why, once we thought it was the gas cap because it wouldn't click so air was being pumped with the gas but it is clearly something else, I read a lot of forums on this issue and it seems to be a problem that a lot of people are having with Hyundai so I hope it won't cost me a lot cause I'm a student and I need my car. Thanks for your help

Hello - the first task is to pull the problem codes that are causing your Check Engine light to come on. Most auto parts stores will do this for free on a "time-available" basis, and this will guide your diagnostic work. Many things can cause rough running: low fuel pressure, Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve not closing properly, bad spark plugs or ignition coils, dirty throttle body, air leaks in the intake or idle air control valve malfunction. I recommend a rough running inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Check engine light, the acceleration is pretty rough (lots of vibration), changed the gas cap who wouldn't click 3 weeks ago. 2011 Hyundai Accent