Q: Check Engine Light is on and I've noticed one minute my gas says a half a tank and the next it's at a quarter

My check engine light came on recently and I just got my fuel pump replaced and thought I had everything under control. It came on again and now I really have no idea what could be going on other than something with the gas. Iv noticed that some times it will say it's at a certain point say a half a tank and I would shut the car off and turn it back on and it would be lower than that. I'm not really sure what could be going wrong with it. There's no sounds or anything coming from my car either.

Hello. This is most likely a faulty fuel sending unit. This is a unit that sits in the fuel tank that sends a signal relaying how much fuel is in the tank. These commonly go bad on many cars. If you need help having this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light more thoroughly and perform repairs that are needed.

• Check Engine Light is on and I've noticed one minute my gas says a half a tank and the next it's at a quarter