Q: Chain noise but just had chain done

Bmw 318d 2010 had a noise from chains so had them all replaced still have a ticking noise on the chains can u help

A: Hi. It sounds like the timing chain guides ...

Hi. It sounds like the timing chain guides are loose or worn out causing the noise you still hear from the timing chain. There is also the possibility that the chain was not installed properly and that is the reason you still hear the noise. Another thing to keep in mind is the noise may not be coming from the timing chain. It could be another internal engine part causing this noise such as a valve tap or a bad lifter. I suggest you take your car back to were you had the timing chain fixed and let them check there work and determine were the noise is coming from.