Q: Car wont start. It cranks but does not fire (I even tried starting fluid)

I just returned from a 200 mile road trip where the vehicle performed perfect. I tried to start the car 2 days later and it wouldn't fire. It will crank just fine, but wouldn't even begin to fire. I couldn't hear the fuel pump, so i assumed that was the problem and I replaced it along with the fuel filter. I just got it all back together and it still wont start. I can hear the pump very clearly now and I verified that it does work. Are there any common problems that would just happen all of the sudden? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are several possible causes for a vehicle to crank and not start. There could be a bad fuel pump, faulty plugs, bad timing belt/chain, faulty ignition, failed camshaft/crankshaft sensor, or any number of other possible causes. It would first be necessary to determine if there is sufficient fuel and/or spark. From there, you would then need to figure out what part of the affected system is causing the problem. There are some tests that will need to be performed to figure these out. If this is something you will need a hand to diagnose and/or repair, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.