Q: Car stalls when put into gear.

Just replaced the turbo in my car. It ran and drove fine before. Now after its all back together it dies when i try to drive in 1st gear. No matter how much rpms i give it it dies. It drives in reverse fine. Idles great and everything it just wont go. Im getting boost.

A: Hello. Engine stalling can be caused by a ...

Hello. Engine stalling can be caused by a wide variety of different things. If the issues began after replacing your turbo then I would go back and carefully examine the work area for any loose or broken hoses, or perhaps damaged wiring that may be causing the issues. If everything looks good I would move on to checking the engine management and fuel systems. If certain components, such as the idle air control valve, fuel pump, or perhaps a transmission sensor, go bad they can sometimes cause performance issues and stalling. If it appears that the issue only occurs in first gear, then the issue could possibly even be transmission related. As these sorts of engine performance issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of the cause of the stalling.