Q: Car won't start while parked with a brake on/off but would in neutral

The car won't start half the time when parked with a parking brake on and off, but it would start in neutral. Every time it happens, at home, the gas station, grocery store. What is causing this?

A: Yes, that’s an easy fix. Your neutral safet...

Yes, that’s an easy fix. Your neutral safety switch went bad on an automatic transmission. You can just go buy one at any auto parts store that sells them. This isn’t the hardest job. It’s just a couple of screws to take off while the vehicle is jacked up. Just unplug the wiring and put it back and then table it back on. If you are not comfortable doing this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your neutral safety switch for you so that you can get back on the road.