Q: Car will not start - Chevrolet Monte Carlo

up until a month ago my car would not start however after fiddling around I noticed if I pressed on my key fob only(not on the door) unlock then lock then unlock it would in fact start. now that won't work either. the battery is good. I tried resetting the computer by unhooking the battery hot wire then leaving for 15 minutes then hooking but no go. no clicks no nothing. horn and lights ok. any ideas what it is?

If what you are doing with your key fob is indeed affecting your cars ability to start, I would have to point you in the direction of the security system. Aside from your security system, your key fob itself will not affect your cars ability to start. It is entirely possible that you have an intermittent problem and it is just a coincidence that it started when you were messing with your key fob.

If your security system is indeed keeping your car from starting, the motor will crank and start for a second then die. If it is just cranking and not starting, you have another problem. If the motor won’t turn over, you have a no crank condition and this has nothing to do with your security system.

You stated the car had "no clicks no nothing". This is a no crank condition. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your starting system if this is the case.

3. Car will not start - Chevrolet Monte Carlo