Q: Car turns off while driving when heated, but starts and runs when cooled off - 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

When I drive my jeep it will run with slow excelleration but when heated shuts off until it is cool. I replaced about a year ago just about everything thermostat position arm plugs

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

This is often a sign of a failing ignition coil. As you may know, an ignition coil is made up of a series of coiled copper wires that create electrical current which is stored and then ultimately transferred to the spark plugs. This wound coil has a thin layer of insulation around it which can eventually be damaged or deteriorate due to heat and other wear and tear.

When this happens, occasionally the coiled wire is exposed, creating the potential for shorts to happen which can cause the coil to not function as it is intended to until it cools down. This is generally what causes the cycling of operation that you have described. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is turning off when heated.

3. Car turns off while driving when heated, but starts and runs when cooled off - 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee