Q: Q: Car takes 2-3 tries before starting

My car has 153,000 miles and it is having trouble starting. It takes two or three times before it will start. The spark plugs, fuel pump relay, and fuel filter have been changed. After replacing those I saw that the check engine light doesn’t light up at all. I feel like the previous owner should have disclosed this information when I purchased this car. I get the following codes:

--P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor ""A"" Circuit High, Bank 1 or Single Sensor --P0348 Camshaft Position Sensor ""A"" Circuit High, Bank 2

Do these codes mean that I have to replace both sensors or will my car be fine with just one -- and if so, which one?

You will need to have a mechanic diagnose both the codes to see if you have a problem with both sensors or have a problem with the timing of the engine being out of position. The codes suggest that both camshaft position sensors are bad, but a pinpoint test on them will verify whether both are bad or if there are other closely-related components that may be faulty.

3. Q: Car takes 2-3 tries before starting