Q: Car stalls while driving

My car stalled while driving. It started again, but as soon as I throttled the gas, it turned off again. All electric works.

A: It is quite possible that a large vacuum le...

It is quite possible that a large vacuum leak could exist on your engine. If the engine is inhaling air through an orphice other that the one it was intended to, the air fuel mixture will not be correct causing the engine not to run. The burning fuel is what causes your engine to run but if the fuel is mixed with too much air it will not burn. My best recommendation would be to have a smoke test performed on your vehicle by a qualified professional. This test involves hooking up a smoke machine to your engines air cleaner while the engine is off. If the engine has a vacuum leak, the smoke will escape from the spot in which the leak exists. Once the leak is found, have the repair done as soon as possible to prevent further engine damage. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can determine the cause to your car’s stalling problem and make any repairs as necessary.