Q: Car smoking and roaring

I was in a car accident, and the front end is messed up and the inside is smoking and making a loud roaring sound. Everytime I start it, it smokes

The engine compartment on the Aveo is tight. Accident damage can shift items and create opportunities for item in the engine compartment to contact one another where they have not before. Depending on the severity of the damage, one possibility is that the drive belt is rubbing against the strut tower or has been pushed back.

The smoking itself is definitely an issue and a cause for concern. In the best case scenario, the smoke is being caused by a rotating part contacting another part of the car. In the worst case, it is a fluid leak, which could lead to a fire in the engine compartment.

My recommendation is to have a mechanic inspect the vehicle to, number one, determine if there is anything that is making unintentional contact, and number two, to make sure the vehicle is safe. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the training and expertise to diagnose the source of smoke coming from your car.

3. Car smoking and roaring