Q: Car shudders when turned off - 1972 Pontiac Ventura

When I drove the car for a while and then shut the engine off, it started shuddering and stuttering up to ten seconds after the ignition was off. Then, if I attempted to restart it right away, it wouldn't start and I would have to wait several minutes. What could be causing this problem?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. A few different faults can cause your 1972 Pontiac Ventura to continue to run after it is turned off. The most common issue lies in the spark plugs, ignition coil, ignition switch, key cylinder, vacuum leak, exhaust leak, or a wiring harness fault. Consider having a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this by performing a car will not shut off inspection and perform any repairs required.

3. Car shudders when turned off - 1972 Pontiac Ventura