Q: Car seat cooling system doesn't cool

asked by on May 25, 2016

On hot days when I put the car seat cooling system on, it doesn't work. Even though it's summer, I decided to see if the car seat heat works and it does - so it's the cooling of my car seat that's the problem. The dealership told me that there is no connection with the car seat cooling system and the A/C system. He explained that there is a blower that blows the cool air from under the seat. How can I get the cooling mechanism working?

Like the mechanic said, you only have a blower that blows air into the bottom of the seat, so if it is hot under the seat, then it blows hot air. Once the interior gets cooled down, then turn on the seat blower and you should feel a slight cooling effect.

The older systems used to blow A/C air into the seats but they stopped doing this somewhere around 2006, I think. There is not much that can be done if the blower is working. If it is not, then have the motor tested to see if it is the motor or switch.