Q: car rides too low in rear, shocks have lost air

asked by on June 22, 2016

My car rides really low in the rear. My adjustable shocks have lost air. I am not sure how to fix them so thinking of replacing them with regular shocks. Is this something I should or shouldn't do?

The rear shocks also support the rear of the car and regular shocks would not support the vehicle for you. There may be an aftermarket air shock replacement that is cheaper than the dealer part, but for the most part you will have to replace the parts with dealer supplied parts. They are expensive, and an aftermarket one may be cheaper if available. I recommend having the suspension system checked to see if it is the shocks or a leak in the air system before doing any repairs.