Q: Car ran hot losing power, pulled over put water in radiator car wouldn't start, replaced radiator, still won't start

Car ran hot losing power pulled over put water in radiator, vehicle wouldn't start, replaced radiator still won't start

When you overheated the engine you most likely blew a head gasket and now have low compression in one or more cylinders. Replacing the radiator after overheating the engine that lost power will not fix the fact that the overheating warped the cylinder heads and coolant leaks past the cylinder head gaskets. If you need help with this, a technician from certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your car’s starting problem and conduct any needed repairs.

• Car ran hot losing power, pulled over put water in radiator car wouldn't start, replaced radiator, still won't start