Q: Car only starts when it's cold. Sounds like starter, but reading book says there is a lever on it and it may be that.

Car will start. But only when it is cold (it hasn't run for a couple hours at least). I believe it's the starter but it also says there is a lever on the starter and it may just be that. Is there a way to tell the difference? Or could it be something else altogether?

3. Car only starts when it's cold. Sounds like starter, but reading book says there is a lever on it and it may be that.