Q: Car only starts when it's cold. Sounds like starter, but reading book says there is a lever on it and it may be that.

Car will start. But only when it is cold (it hasn't run for a couple hours at least). I believe it's the starter but it also says there is a lever on the starter and it may just be that. Is there a way to tell the difference? Or could it be something else altogether?

If you suspect a failed starter on your vehicle, I would recommend a car will not start inspection to be performed by a qualified professional. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.

3. Car only starts when it's cold. Sounds like starter, but reading book says there is a lever on it and it may be that.