Q: Car not idling correctly.

I have something hitting my passenger side valve cover in the side while idling.

A: This sounds like something in the valve tra...

This sounds like something in the valve train may have been damaged. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come for an inspection on your vehicle to find the noise. The technician should remove the valve cover and examine all the springs, rocker arms, and push rods for damage. If any parts are broken, severe engine damage may have occurred. It is possible that the broken parts can be replaced and the engine run good but if not engine replacement may be necessary.