Q: Car making popping noise when braking.

So my car is making this awful popping noise when braking. I got cut off a couple weeks ago and slammed on my brakes and instantly heard this awful crunching noise come from my front drivers tire. I took it to the mechanic to get it looked at and he said he couldn't really pinpoint the noise. But he did say it was fine to drive that everything was "tight" the noise has since gotten worse. Before it would come and go as I braked. Before if I braked very slowly it wouldn't happen. Now everytime I brake it makes that noise. The severity of the noise varies. I have video of the car making the noise I can upload.

https://youtu.be/G5q760nieJM My car has 108530 miles.

A: After seeing the video, you will need to ha...

After seeing the video, you will need to have the lower ball joints and bushings checked to see if one or all need to be replaced. You should also have the exhaust checked to see why the engine is so loud. A professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to thoroughly conduct tests to diagnose your vehicle's popping noise and make the appropriate repairs.