Q: car keep misfiring

asked by on March 22, 2018

My car keeps jerking when i push on the gas and saying i need to change engine oil when I already got oil change

When the engine oil was changed, the maintenance reminder was probably not re-set. Be sure that the level of engine oil is adequate as measured on the dipstick. Misfiring can cause engine and catalytic converter damage so be sure to have the cause of the misfiring identified and repaired as soon as possible. Among the causes of cylinder misfiring are faulty spark plugs, low compression, damage or excessive wear of spark plug wires and/or coils, faulty fuel injectors, clogged EGR valves or tubes, burned valves, improper ignition timing, vacuum leaks, leaking head gasket, faulty camshaft sensor, faulty crankshaft sensor, faulty mass air flow sensor, faulty oxygen sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, faulty catalytic converter, and others. If you want the specific cause pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this promptly diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.