Q: Car jerking going into gear

My car has an automatic transmission. When car goes into second or third gear, it will give a little jerk, but runs fine after that.

A: If your car is jerking when shifting, I wou...

If your car is jerking when shifting, I would first check to make sure that the transmission fluid is topped off at the proper level, as low fluid may interfere with the proper operation of the transmission. If the fluid is at the correct level, then that may be indicative of a problem elsewhere, perhaps with the transmission, or something else. As transmission related problems can sometimes be difficult to diagnose yourself, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle's jerking issue before proceeding with any repairs.