Q: P2160 code caused check engine light to turn on. Truck is running fine

I was backing up my trailer in the driveway when the check engine light came on. I checked the code and it was P2160: Vehicle Speed Sensor B Circuit Low. The truck is running fine and i reset the check engine light and it did not turn back on. Is my truck going to be ok?

Hi there. If the code cleared, it’s possible that the source of the code is actually the wiring harness attached to the speed sensor. If the light comes back on, you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to correctly diagnose this issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. P2160 code caused check engine light to turn on. Truck is running fine