Q: Car is turning over but not starting. I have been advised it may be as a result of fuel not getting to the engine.

Mechanic has run the diagnostic but says he can't be sure of the problem. He says it might be the fuel pump so he wants to take the out the engine before he gets to the fuel pump. This will take 4 hours at a cost of £80 plus VAT but he ant promise it will resolve the issue.

My question is why can't the mechanic pinpoint the issue of why the car won't start. I understand that the four main elements needed for a running engine are: spark, air, fuel, and compression.

3. Car is turning over but not starting. I have been advised it may be as a result of fuel not getting to the engine.