Q: Car ignition coil is malfunctioning

I have a Nissan Primera 2001 Wagon P11. It needs a new ignition coil. The engine light has come on and i've had the codes checked. The mechanic said he couldn't tell which coil it was causing the issue however one definitely was.

So basically what happens is it shudders/shakes a bit from time to time, I can usually go 500km (not continuous) before it shakes a bit only for 5 minutes or so. It only happens at slow speeds and usually not long after starting. It always rights itself.

My question is, what can i get for a good replacement for this to repair it, like brand, style, etc. Should the shape just match? is there other things to look out for when buying one. And is there anything wrong with buying from Ebay for it?

Any advice regarding this is most welcome.

Thanks,

Mitchell

3. Car ignition coil is malfunctioning