Q: Car hesitates, bank one and bank two too lean. 2001 Hyundai XG300.

When I drive, the car sort of hesitates like it's not getting enough fuel. I've done several repairs on the car, including spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter replacement, along with the wires and coil connectors change. I went to get the code read and the error codes indicated that bank one and bank two are too lean. These codes keep appearing each time I test the car. What might cause this and what can I do to improve the performance of the car?

A: Hello there. This is a common issue with th...

Hello there. This is a common issue with the 2001 Hyundai XG300. There are a few possible causes for the engine to hesitate. The most common are the spark plugs, vacuum leak, oxygen sensor, fuel pump, exhaust leak, fuel filter, or air filter. When bank 1 and 2 are lean, it means that the engine is either not getting enough fuel or air. All of the listed faults could contribute to the symptoms you are experiencing, but diagnosis is needed for an accurate answer. If you would like help with this, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hesitation problem and let you know what needs repair.