Q: Car has been sitting for over year, what do I do?

Car has been sitting for over a year, how do I get the back on the road without damaging the engine and other parts?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. I would suggest checking your tires, fuel condition, changing the oil and air filter, and maybe running some good fuel conditioner through the fuel tank. More than likely, if the car has not been started in a year, you will need to replace the battery as well. If you'd like, consider having one of our expert technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office for you and perform a tune-up and inspection of your vehicle.

Recommended services
View price for services